Saturday, September 20, 2008

It's always rainy in Seattle

I got hosed by my Facebook 'status update' the other night. I had a couple tickets to a show (that I am going to in about two hours) and had a date but my date had to cancel on me last minute. So I tried in vain to find a 'date'. Mind you, date to me is a loose term meaning someone to accompany to something. No expectations for my dates. That could be why I'm still single... I'm not aggressive enough with women. But that's not what this blog is about, and I do think I'm aggressive enough, I just usually go in with no expectations, that way I don't have any regrets. But I digress...

So I called all the single women that I knew and they all had previous engagements, so I was dateless... I jokingly asked a co-worker on Friday if he had any female friends that would be cool with going to a show 'blindly' with someone that they just barely met. He surprisingly had a couple people in mind. Unfortunately, one was out of town and the other had 'seen my status update on Facebook' and thus felt like it was too formal of a request, but that she wouldn't mind just hanging out sometime. I felt, and still feel that this is a strange response to someone giving away a ticket to a show, but whatever. I felt a little angry with my Facebook page. I've been 'cock blocked' by roommates, friends, transportation (breaking down), relatives, pets (yes, the damn dog tried to hump my leg while I was trying to mack down with a girl on the couch). But never, ever did I think that I would be cock blocked by a website.

Again, my attempts to find a date for the event, were with no expectations, I simply wanted someone to accompany me so that I didn't look like a total toolbag. Still, I felt a little betrayed by my Facebook status, since my last hope decided she didn't want to meet up because of what my 'Facebook Status' said. Now that I think about it though, I think that is just about the lamest excuse I've ever heard from someone. First, anything that I put on my facebook, much like this blog, should be taken with a grain of salt. If you are so caught up in what something online says about someone else that you don't want to meet them, then you are probably pretty lame.

But that's just my honest opinion. It's probably not the best opinion since I'm still a single guy... you could probably say that I might have issues with women. LOL I say F&*% you.

PS - My Facebook status said, "Jeff has an extra ticket for a cabaret show and needs a date for Saturday... any takers? :)" What exactly is scary about this statement? Too honest? I could have said, "I'm only a half loser because I did have a date, but I apparently wasn't cool enough to be first choice, so now I have a spare ticket" right?

PSS - The rain has officially begun in Seattle, thus my blog title.

No comments: